Timbernet is offering responsible trade for wood processing industry and customers. We also offer consultancy, mainly custom or market orientated short term projects. We have three decades of experience in wood product industry and business. We work closely together with various stevedoring and shipping companies in order to find the optimal transportation solutions.
Wood products and services
We supply following products to industrial and commercial customers:
- Sawn timber
- Dimensioned sawn timber
- Planed sawn timber, such as panels and mouldings
- Gluelam timber,such as post, beams and different components
- Modified timber, such as thermally modified wood or compressed wood
- Furniture, construction and packaging components
- House construction, such as timber frames and log house frames
The photographs below describe our quality control service for you.
Quality sawn timber
First class finnish wood material:
We sell Spruce (Picea abies) and Pine (Pinus silvestris ) sawn timber in different dimensions according to customer’s wishes. Our co-operative sawmills are responsible for sorting sawn timber according to Nordic timber grading rules.
The photographs below describe the sorted lumber pieces according to the sorting instructions (Permission to publish images: The Association of Finnish Sawmillmen)
Finland is one of the best areas in the world for tree growth:
Finland belongs to the cold climatic belt in which cold winters alternate with warm and bright summers when the sun gives light around the day.
The summer lasts only 120 days, during which the trees grow. The short growing season means slow growth, which may last 60-120 years.
The slow growth provides the best possible straight-grained timber: Growth is symmetrical and trunks are straight and round. Branches are few, and those that exist are small. Growth rings are thin and tightly-packed. The amount of juvenile wood is smaller and heartwood greater. The result is a strong and straight-grained timber with low tension and few internal cracks. The low-resinous Finnish wood is first-class material for many purposes.
The photographs below describe the products journey from sawmill to the Port.
Consultancy, mainly custom or market orientated short term projects
Timbernet is not only making business but also consulting in the green business area. If you have any need for a research or study in the wood industry, please contact us.
Some examples of our consulting projects
- The launching of a refined wood products to the Japanese market –project
- New strategy and new customers for a wood sub contractor at Kainuu region
- Five new business ideas / case-study for a regional developing organization
- An exploration of the need for a new measuring instrument investment in industrial enterprises in Eastern Finland
- Surway of robotic and CNC technology training needs for wood product industry in North Savo
- Rfid-based fully automated furniture factory – training facility infrastructure project
- Development project for the utilization of sawdust in bio-charcoal
- A feasibility study for a biorefinery based on wooden raw-material in Southern Savo
- An e-commerce development project for a small wood product company
- Regional preliminary study on “green business -concepts”
- Creating an Eco-Innovation System for the Wood Processing Area
- Coming: Export Factory for SME
Timbernet Oy ltd
Offering quality wood since 1997
Timbernet Oy is an export sales office where we co-operate with many sawmills and sawn timber processors and various importers and customers all over the world.
Our main market areas are North Africa and the Far East, but we are actively seeking new customers from new market areas.
Timbernet was established in 1997. Before that founder of Timbernet Oy, mechanical wood processing engineer, Heikki Kokkonen started his wood business with his own name in 1988. The business was at the beginning design, sale and contracting of log houses and wood elements, together with selling processed timber and building supplies such as panels, floors, stairs, terrace decks, exterior claddings and building supplies such as insulations and house foundation materials.
Our good location benefits you:
- Quality control is easy at the bidding stage as well as before the delivery of the goods
- The close location of various sawmills enables quick personal negotiations with both sales and production planning
- There are several daily flights between Helsinki – Kuopio (our nearest airport), so customer visits to various sawmills and their free stocks are easy to organize
Timbernet Oy is at your service
Please leave your request or message on the message-box. We change
communication into extranet after we have started to make business with
you. Alternatively you can contact us: +358 44 2747 660 to discuss further. Looking forward to hearing from you.